Partners marrying in Northern Ireland have actually a range of either a religious ceremony or perhaps a civil ceremony (which can be conducted either with a registrar or a Humanist celebrant). The arrangements that are initial exactly the same for both kinds of wedding.
Any two different people can marry in Northern Ireland provided that:
- both are in minimum 16 years in the of their marriage – anyone under 18 will need permission from their parent or guardian, or if suitable, a court order to allow the marriage to go ahead day
- they’re not pertaining to one another in a means which will avoid their marrying
- they have been unmarried (any past wedding must have already been ended by breakup, death or annulment)
- they may not be regarding the exact same intercourse
- these are typically effective at comprehending the nature of a married relationship ceremony and of agreeing to wedding